Why You Need To Take Bird Control Seriously
May 14, 2018
The most common pests in the United States are birds. This is because the rate at which they breed and multiply is alarming. Bird control or bird removal is very important for several reasons. Whether it is in your home or your office, birds can create a huge nuisance. One thing that is very disturbing is the rate at which they increase in number. If you have one or two birds roosting on your roof and you do nothing about it, their number may increase to more than twenty within a few weeks.
Birds can contaminate products and even cause damages to building exteriors. Not only that, some species of birds harbor various kinds of diseases. Another reason for bird removal is their droppings. Imagine seeing bird droppings on the wall that you have just painted. Having droppings all around your house creates unsanitary conditions and you can be penalized for that.
Cleaning up these droppings can also cost you a lot of money and there are certain bird removal techniques that work with all kinds of birds. However, these methods are not as effective as the ones that are meant for each kind of birds. So, you need to let an expert handle it.
Experienced bird removal service providers usually offer bird control methods that are permanent. Once they remove the birds, the birds never come back as long as you follow their professional guides. This is because they usually get to the root of the problem. They first inspect it and also find out what attracted them.
After their removal, they will assist to block all likely points of entry and advise you on what to do to prevent them from coming back. Some of the birds that usually turn into annoying pests are seagulls, sparrows, starlings and pigeons.
Some of the major reasons you should never allow birds to breed in and around your properties have been outlined right below.
- Bird droppings sometimes cause the breakout of several diseases and the multiplication of parasites like mealworms, chicken mites and even bed bugs.
- A large population of birds can be noisy especially in the night when they are right on your roof.
- Their nests can blog the drains and that will lead to a big problem with water drainage.
- They can contaminate food if they are around food processing outfits or eateries.
- Their presence can lead to penalties from public health officers.
- Bird droppings on sidewalks can result in slips when they are mistakenly stepped upon.
- Their droppings can stain, corrode and cause other damages on the building materials.
The disadvantages of having birds around are much more than the few outlined above. These ones are just the common ones. The best and most effective bird control method is prevention. Prevention is always better, easier and cheaper than cure. Some of the little ways by which you can prevent birds from roosting around any of your properties have also been outlined below
- You need to clean your gutters and eliminate other forms of standing water in your areas. Availability of water to drink can attract them.
- Avoid all kinds of projections like ledges around your wall. Birds can roost on them
- Always trim all trees and prune them regularly. The more leaves they have the more they can provide shelter for birds.
- All trash cans should be covered
- All your surroundings should be clean and if your pet mistakenly upsets your trash can, quickly clean it up as some of the food remnants can attract birds and one funny thing about birds is that they remain where they see food.
- Never ever feed pest birds as it is a form of encouragement for them to stay even longer.
- Make sure you seal all openings through which small birds can enter your building
- Ensure all vent, loft and eave openings are permanently blocked.
- You can also install door strips to prevent entrance of all birds
Learn more about our New Jersey bird control services.