The Best Way To Rid Your Home Of Termites In Monmouth County
March 30, 2022
When termites invade your Monmouth County home, it may seem like there is nothing you can do to eradicate these pests. Our article gives you tips on the best way to complete termite removal for all kinds of termites in order to defeat any termite infestation in your home.
How To Identify Termites In Monmouth County
Termite identification is essential in treating a termite infestation in your home. It allows the termite removal specialists at Alliance Pest Services to apply fully targeted treatments. You should also try to learn what termites look like so you know when to call in reinforcements to help you conquer your pest problem.
The main termite type that you will encounter in Monmouth County is the eastern subterranean termite. These pests are no more than half an inch in length and have oval-shaped bodies; they range in color from creamy white to a dark brown, and only the reproductive swarmer termites have wings, which they eventually shed.
Signs Of A Termite Infestation In Monmouth County
The following signs of a termite infestation in your home can help you with termite identification and termite control. Keep an eye out for these signs in order to request termite removal before a problem grows out of control.
- Termite frass is a major indicator that these pests are tunneling into your home. Frass looks similar to wood shavings and will be found along windowsills, doorjambs, baseboards, or anywhere else these pests tunnel.
- A serious termite infestation can bring sinking floors, tight-fitting doors and windows, and hollow-sounding walls due to termites chewing through the internal support structures of your home.
- Mud tubes around your property and connecting to your foundation indicate termites have moved from outside to indoors. Pay close attention to your yard to catch and remove these.
- Swarmer termites will shed their wings as they start to infiltrate and colonize inside your home.
- Finding these wings around windows, doors, and baseboards can indicate the start of an infestation.
How Bad Is It To Have Termites In My Monmouth County Home?
All kinds of termites that enter your Monmouth County home can create a significant amount of damage and costly repairs. Once these pests start a full-blown infestation, they tunnel through all of the internal wooden structures in your home, resulting in hollow wood, which can lead to structural collapse if the problem is left untreated. Termite control is essential to keep these pests out of your house and ensure that you don't fall victim to serious negative termite consequences.
What Is The Best Non-Toxic Way to Control Termites In Monmouth County?
One of the best non-toxic ways for termite control is to utilize bait stations around your property, and the experts at Alliance Pest Services can help you with this. Every treatment plan includes a thorough inspection of the problem areas in your home. After identifying these areas, our specialists will craft a targeted treatment plan that includes non-toxic (to people and pets) bait stations around your property. When the termites encounter the bait, they will bring it back to other members of their colony. Eventually, this results in total termite elimination, and follow-up inspections ensure this pest stays gone.
Contact the professionals at Alliance Pest Services today for more termite removal advice and assistance.