Are You Struggling With Rat Control In Monmouth County? We Can Help!
December 30, 2022
One of the great things about living in the Northeast is that we get to experience all the seasons. Unfortunately, all the common pests in Monmouth County also experience those seasons. When it gets colder, pests like rats will make their way into our homes in search of food, water, and shelter from the elements, which can be bad news for your home.
Fortunately, there are things you can do to keep rats out of your home, starting with professional pest control in Monmouth County. At Alliance Pest Services, we understand the issues that rats can cause and are here to help protect your home and family from these potentially dangerous rodents.
About The Rats In Monmouth County
For most people in Monmouth County, a rat is a rat. But there are a few different species of rats in Monmouth County that you need to be aware of:
- Norway rats: Also known as sewer rats, Norway rats are brown with white underbellies and can reach almost 10 inches in length. They are thick-bodied with a blunt muzzle.
- Roof rats: These rats are smaller than Norway rats and usually darker; they have thinner bodies that can reach up to 8 inches long. Roof rats are commonly found in the upper portions of buildings, including attics, rafters, and voids in roofs.
Both of these rats are bad news for your home. If you see either of these species of rat, contact a trusted pest control company like Alliance Pest Services immediately.
How Dangerous Is It To Have Rats On My Property?
Rats are a pest you don’t want hanging around your property since they can be both dangerous and destructive. Rats can spread various diseases, including bubonic plague, salmonella, and rat-bite fever. They also trigger asthma attacks and allergic reactions in people with sensitive respiratory systems.
Rats can also be very destructive when they get inside your home. They gnaw constantly to keep their teeth sharp and healthy. They can chew through wood, walls, wallpaper, plumbing, and even live electrical wires. This can lead to expensive repairs and even floods or fires.
Effectively Deterring Rats Around Your Home
With all the issues caused by rats, you definitely don’t want them anywhere near your home. They can also be difficult to get rid of once they make their way onto your property, which makes deterring these rodents the ideal option for homeowners in Monmouth County.
Fortunately, there are some simple steps to prevent rats:
- Seal cracks, crevices, and other potential entry points around your home, like vents and areas where utilities enter your house.
- Eliminate water sources by fixing leaking pipes, HVAC units, and using a dehumidifier if necessary.
- Keep your kitchen clean, wipe up any spills or crumbs immediately, and don’t let dishes pile up.
- Remove potential harborage sites like construction debris, leaf piles, landscaping trash, and any other areas where rats could hide.
However, the best option for keeping rats away from your home is always to work with a professional pest control company like Alliance Pest Services.
How Do I Get Rid Of Rats In My House And Keep Them Out?
If you are dealing with rats around your home, it’s essential to reach out to a pest control professional for help as soon as possible. At Alliance Pest Services, we offer professional rodent control to quickly and safely eliminate rats from your home. We can also work with you to identify the areas of your home where rats may be getting inside and any conditions that may be conducive to future rat infestations.
Don’t waste time or money with DIY rodent control solutions that don’t get to the heart of your problem. Call us today and let one of our pest control specialists get to work protecting your home and family from rats and the dangers they bring. To learn more about our options for rat pest control in Monmouth County, reach out to our team today!